Roger William Berg was born and raised in San Jose, California with his parents, David & Betty Berg, along with his 8 brothers and sisters. He later moved to Hollister, California at the age of 13 where he learned his work ethic picking garlic in the fields of Gilroy in the summers to make extra money. He loved spending many an afternoon on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and the beaches of Half Moon Bay. He graduated from Leland High School in South San Jose, California in 1985 and then eventually moved to Salt Lake City, Utah in 1990 where he started his family and real estate career.
Roger is the principal Broker/Owner of MY VALLARTA REALTY & MANAGEMENT. Roger has been actively involved in the real estate business since 1991, starting in Utah and expanding to California and Florida and as a general contractor in Utah since 1998. He has a long list of accomplishments throughout his career, as you will see below. He continued his professionalism by gaining is Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation from the National Association of REALTORS® as well as many other continuing education courses to allow him to better serve his clients. He has worked for several national real estate companies, such Better Homes & Gardens, GMAC, RE/MAX and Prudential, as well as local companies like First Team Real Estate and The Impressions Group. After years of helping others become successful Roger finally opened his own real estate brokerage, Platinum Realty Utah LLC in 1998 where he partnered up with Mark Higley Construction (MHC) in Clearfield, Utah to build and sell entry level homes. After just three years with MHC, Platinum Realty Utah took construction sales from 84 in 1999, with a sales volume of $9,820,860, to 234 sales in 2001, with a sales volume of $32,255,730 and 398 transaction sides. In 2002, Roger ended his partnership with Mark Higley Construction, and started his own company, Platinum Homes Utah, LLC. where they specialized in high end custom homes throughout Utah’s finest communities. They also participated in the Annual Salt Lake Parade of Homes events in 2003 and 2006, where they won several awards for both design and construction. With the US historic recession taking it’s toll in late 2008, Roger decided to close the doors on both Platinum Homes and Platinum Realty and moved back to California where he felt the real estate market would rebound faster, as California real estate sets the trends in the market place. After a few years of selling in the Orange County real estate market working with foreclosures, short sales and REO property auctions for his clients, Roger decided to move to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and relax. He choose Puerto Vallarta due to the fact that his parents owned a timeshare in Nuevo Vallarta where he had visited for years and fell in love with the people and the quality of life it offered.
- 1991: Licensed REALTOR® in Utah (License #: 5452632-SA00)
- 1992: Runner-Up “Rookie of the Year” Award
- 1996: Named Vice President, New Homes Division at Wardley Better Homes & Gardens
- 1998: Opened Platinum Realty LLC as President & CEO
- 2001: Licensed Principal Broker in Utah (License #: 545632-PB00)
- 2001: “New Home Sales Agent of the Year” with $32,255,730 in Sales Volume
- 2002: Opened Platinum Homes Utah LLC as President & CEO
- 2003: Salt Lake Parade of Homes Award Winner for Design & Construction
- 2006: Salt Lake Parade of Homes Award Winner for Design & Construction
- 2007: Platinum Homes Utah Donates Home Makeover for Trolley Square Shooting Victim
- 2010: Licensed REALTOR® in California (License #: 01880356)
- 2013: Sales Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort Vacation Club® in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- 2015: Licensed Real Estate Agent in Florida (License #: SL3330577)
- 2015: Special Projects Director at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort Vacation Club® in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- 2017: Opened MY VALLARTA REALTY & MANAGEMENT in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico as Owner/Broker, President & CEO
Roger has also enjoyed coaching football and baseball most of his adult life, including some youth football here in Puerto Vallarta. He loves helping others and teaching his love of the game and sportsmanship. He firmly believes that a "coachable child is an employable adult" and strives to instill this eats in all he has cost over the many years. He also enjoys spending time with his two older children, Taylor, Cody, who currently reside in Utah and his daughter, Brooklyn, who lives with him in Puerto Vallarta while attending the Britsh-American School.